- Write a paper providing the scientific background to explain what is going on in your experiment/project.
- Explain the concepts and terms for understanding your experiment/project.
- Give a brief history of how we came to develop this area of science.
- Try to answer all the questions that you may have (or that I may have asked you on your science fair assignments so far).
- 500-750 Words
- Introduction with thesis statement, body paragraphs with topics sentences, conclusion, and works cited.
- Double-spaced, Times New Roman
- 3 print sources cited in MLA Format in works cited.
- one source must come from Gale
- every time you state a fact in your paper, you should back it up with a citation
- Formal writing is required: no first person, no contractions.
Possible sources to search for information:
- Sources recommended by the INTEL Science Fair
- Popular Science
- Scientific American
- National High School Journal of Science
- Psychology Today
- Cosmos Magazine
- American Scientist
- New Scientist
- run a Google search
Goods sources for engineering projects:
Application for Mini Research Grant